Just a couple of minutes back, I was reading a recent blog post by one of my good friends Shankar. The best thing about this guy is he talks about life, the world and his own experiences as he sees it - which makes it less complicated for others to try and understand what he exactly means. It hits you in the jaw most of the times - and it hits hard!
He was talking about how friends are not just people who share the good times of your life with you but also the bad. I was thinking, now how many people in my own life would match that description? Or even more importantly, would I match that description? (In the end, sometimes, what one is is all that matters to oneself).
A few names immediately sprung up in my mind - at work, 6 friends (each unique in their own way - but they would never hesitate to help me out in case I'm in trouble - or laugh with me when I'm happy - or laugh at my antics most of the time) whom I affectionately call the DGang. An ex-TL who can be characterized as optimism personified at times (he's right now in Germany - well, that doesn't exactly stop him from listening to all of my joys and sorrows at work!).
At home - I am surrounded by people who care more about me than themselves - my father, mother and sister. And I belong to a big family of Pranic Healers - teachers, friends, healers and family all rolled into one big crowd of lovable people - who have taught me to see the best in everyone, in life and in the world. Sri Ram, Loki, Hari, Sumi, M. Hector, Mr. Reddy's students, Meera, Shanthi Aunty - the list is endless.
Of course - no one can forget the school and college friends - MFBS and Frendz (the later are a particularly boisterous group who flood my inbox with hundreds of mails almost every week with jokes, memories and a lot of crap at times!!)
And I love myself - maybe that's the most important part of this blog. I am easily my worst foe sometimes. But I still love myself, respect myself for who I am - for what I have become in these 20 odd years - and for the person I want to be.
Life is beautiful!
2 comments:
Good job. Keep blogging and you will like yourself more!
The template used is Tic Tac. Thanks a lot RFDD for ur interest.
Shankar - u inspired this blog da!
Keep visiting!
Post a Comment