Friday, April 25, 2008

I miss....

.....a small, sweet place called Atheetha Ashram which is near the lake Ubbanur. If it had been a couple of decades back, I would have been frolicking in emerald green pastures, having a whale of a time with an assorted menagerie of animals during summer hols. I remember trying to reach the higher branches of a mulberry tree to get to it's juicy fruit........... swinging on the long banyan roots like a little monkey........ I remember the taste of sweet, yellow mangoes....... the races held with puppies and dogs........ singing lullabies to a sleeping cat and it's kittens in my lap ......... my first P.G. Wodehouse as I basked in the rays of the midday sun as it poured in through a little glass tile in the roof ........ a lake shining silver in the rays of the setting sun ......... a smiling face of a precious someone who transformed the plain muddy grounds into blooming gardens........ a someone whose dream it was to fly a plane someday by my side ........ a someone who shared chocolates with me - and who knowingly or unknowingly made me wish to be a better person at such a young age!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Divya!
I too have nice memories and miss Atheetha Ashram... My name is Daniel, I live in Brazil (Rio de Janeiro) and it was back in 1991 when I went there.
Beautiful stay, invaluable learnings!
God bless you!

daniel.puig@terra.com.br

Pageviews last month