GOOD MORNING!
It's a lovely morning today - and I have discovered that there is nothing like heartily laughing over a Jeeves and Wooster book in the early hours of the day [:)]. I have discovered today that the sun rises by 5.00 in the morning here - and dawn begins much earlier around 3.45! The sun hangs around till nearly 7.00 in the evening - which means summer is here to stay.
Of all the seasons, my favourite is the summer - more of sunshine adds a zing to daily life somehow [:)]. Toyota Shi has never been more beautiful to me as of now. There is greenery everywhere, the skies are a blazing blue and the golden sunlight seems to add a magical charm to every blade of grass or rippling streams. The birds are singing or at building nests everywhere - and it is magnificent to see swallows and herons gliding steadily over stormy winds on a cloudy day. To add to my joy, our little rose bush has a profusion of lovely, red roses on it!
All this reminds me of Germany - my stay there was during spring and early summer - and I was real lucky to have a gloriously sunlit apartment which I bet was the prettiest of the rooms in the hotel we stayed. I will always remember a dream filled summer where I lived life for myself alone!
This part may seem out of cue with the rest of the post - but I finally watched the movie 'The Blair Witch Project'. I actually wanted to look for the Magnificent Seven - but landed up watching this movie. An old friend, Meera, had once narrated the movie to me - and needless to say - the movie literally spooked me out. I think it shows how vulnerable the human mind is to outside information. If a movie (about which one knows to be beforehand - to be just a movie - with no facts behind it - to be a mere figment of someone's imagination) can throw the mind into fear, think of what all those newspapers, best seller books, movies, gossip columns and other people themselves can do to warp reality to our minds.
But I forget all this as I watch a silent stream, a bird resting on it's banks, the wind caressing the ripening stalks of grass, dandelions spotted in lush green slopes and the sunlight showing a wide panorama of hills - and I think to myself - what a wonderful world!
No comments:
Post a Comment