Saturday, September 06, 2008

Catching up with the King's men

Remember the motto - "One for all and all for one"? That line came into style just about a couple of hundred years ago when a writer called Alexandre Dumas immortalized them in his story called 'The Three Musketeers'. If you love intrigues, chivalry and adventures, this book has it all. I am reading this book again after quite a long time - but it still has the charm to have me spell bound to the last page, to the last line. I cannot turn the page where Constance dies without shedding a few tears or feel like rejoicing as Athos, Porthos, Aramis and d'Artagnan walk hand in hand with fellow Musketeers as they triumph over the Cardinal's men. I experience a strong sense of justice when I come to the part where Milady is judged by the Musketeers and the unknown man as much as I enjoy the adrenaline rush as the four friends race to England against time and the Cardinal to bring back the Queen's diamonds to save her marriage to King Louis the XIIIth. Take it from me - by the time you reach the end of the book, you would have travelled across the entire gamut of emotions a truly exciting story can lead you through!

No comments:

Pageviews last month