Time flies by fast - but I seem to be stuck in the year 2000 yet. When I am alone in our cold apartment, I sometimes sit still, staring at nowhere but seeing and remembering everything as it once was. On my last trip home, I discovered that nothing remains the same forever - even the people you love and those who love you change in a confusing, unpredictable way.
I also learnt that I may not be able to go back to the home that I so well remember and want but I could make wherever I am the best place for me to be. Once put that way, my homesickness has vanished and I feel positive - and staying in Japan does not seem as frightening or dreary as it used to be a year past. The year gone by has also taught me the value of friendship, time, money and how to maintain relationships. I cannot say I am a pro at all these now - but neither am I so naive when it comes to worldly things as before.
The thoughts in this post have taken me a year of my life to discover, to feel and learn. I hope that the light they shine on my road ahead will last forever.
Happy new year!
No comments:
Post a Comment