Mannipaaya - VTV
Here is the translation for one of my ARR classic favourites :-)
Here is the translation for one of my ARR classic favourites :-)
Kadalinil meenaaga irundhaval naan
Unakkena karai thaandi vandhaval dhaan
Thudithirundhen tharaiyinile
Thirumbivitten en kadalidame
She : I was like a fish in the sea
Who for you, came crossing shores
After struggling on the land,
I returned - back to my sea itself.
Who for you, came crossing shores
After struggling on the land,
I returned - back to my sea itself.
Oru naal sirithen, maru naal veruthen
Unai naan kollaamal kondru pudhaithene
Mannipaaya mannipaaya ...
Mannipaaya ...
She : One day, I laughed. Next day, I hated
Without killing you,I buried you dead, alive -
Will you forgive me? Will you ever forgive me?
Will you forgive me?
Without killing you,I buried you dead, alive -
Will you forgive me? Will you ever forgive me?
Will you forgive me?
Kane, thadumaari thadumaari nadandhen
Noolilaana mazhai aagi ponen
Unnaal dhaan kalaignanaai aanene
He : Dear, I stumbled several times as I walked
And became like a rain made of thread
Because of you, I became an artist
And became like a rain made of thread
Because of you, I became an artist
Tholai dhoorathil velicham nee
Unai nokiye enai eerkiraaye
Melum melum urugi urugi
Unai enni engum idhaiyathai enna seiven
Oh unai enni engum idhaiyathai enna seiven
He : You are a far off light
Who keeps pulling me towards you
The more and more, I melt
What do I do with the heart that
yearns for you.
Oh, what do I do with the heart that
yearns for you.
Who keeps pulling me towards you
The more and more, I melt
What do I do with the heart that
yearns for you.
Oh, what do I do with the heart that
yearns for you.
Odum neeril oru alai dhaan naan
Ulle ulla eeram nee dhaan
Varam kidaithum naan thavara vitten
Mannipaaya anbe
She : In the flowing water, I'm just one wave
The moistness inside within me is you
Even after receiving my boon, I let myself lose it
Will you forgive me, my love?
The moistness inside within me is you
Even after receiving my boon, I let myself lose it
Will you forgive me, my love?
Kaatrile aadum kaagidham naan
Nee dhaan ennai kadidham aakinaai
Anbil thodangi anbil mudikkiren
En kaalam varai
He : I'm like a paper that flies in the wind
Only you made me into a letter -
Starting with love and ending with love
For the rest of my life.
Only you made me into a letter -
Starting with love and ending with love
For the rest of my life.
Oru naal sirithen, maru naal veruthen
Unai naan kollaamal kondru pudhaithene
Mannipaaya mannipaaya.. .
Mannipaaya?
She : One day, I laughed.Next day, I hated.
Without killing you,I buried you dead, alive -
Will you forgive me? Will you ever forgive me?
Without killing you,I buried you dead, alive -
Will you forgive me? Will you ever forgive me?
Anbirkum undo adaikkumthaazh aarvalar
Punka neer poosal tharum
(Note :This is a verse from Thirukural)
Chorus : Affection cannot be confined by shutters;
Uncontrollable tears will roll down spontaneously
When one sees the suffering of loved ones.
Chorus : Affection cannot be confined by shutters;
Uncontrollable tears will roll down spontaneously
When one sees the suffering of loved ones.
Anbilaar ellaam thamakkuriyar anbudaiyaar
Enbum uriyar pirarku
(Note : Another verse from Thirukural)
Chorus : Those without affection in their hearts
Will keep all they have for themselves;
The tender hearted will even give away their bones.
En en vaazhvil vandhaai kaa neeChorus : Those without affection in their hearts
Will keep all they have for themselves;
The tender hearted will even give away their bones.
Povaayo kaanal neer pole thondri
Anaivarum urangidum iravenum neram
Enakkadhu thalaiyaai nanaithidum eeram
She : Why did you come into my life, dear?
Will you vanish like a mirage after appearing?
For everyone, to sleep means night -
For me, that is the time to wet my pillow with tears.
Will you vanish like a mirage after appearing?
For everyone, to sleep means night -
For me, that is the time to wet my pillow with tears.
Oru naal sirithen, maru naal veruthen
Unai naan kollaamal kondru pudhaithene
Mannipaaya mannipaaya.. .
She : One day, I laughed.Next day, I hated.
Without killing you,I buried you dead, alive -
Will you forgive me? Will you ever forgive me?
Kane, thadumaari thadumaari nadandhenWithout killing you,I buried you dead, alive -
Will you forgive me? Will you ever forgive me?
Noolilaana mazhai aagi ponen
Unnaal dhaan kalaignanaai aanene
He : Dear, I stumbled several times as I walked
And became like a rain made of thread
Only because of you, I became an artist.
And became like a rain made of thread
Only because of you, I became an artist.
Tholai dhoorathil velicham nee
Unai nokiye enai eerkiraaye
Melum melum urugi urugi
Unai enni engum idhaiyathai enna seiven
Oh unai enni engum idhaiyathai enna seiven
Unai nokiye enai eerkiraaye
Melum melum urugi urugi
Unai enni engum idhaiyathai enna seiven
Oh unai enni engum idhaiyathai enna seiven
He : You are a far off light
Who keeps pulling me towards you
The more and more, I melt
What do I do with the heart that
yearns for you.
Who keeps pulling me towards you
The more and more, I melt
What do I do with the heart that
yearns for you.
No comments:
Post a Comment