Thursday, December 22, 2005

As on Jan 22nd!

There is something about blogging that makes me think twice before I key in the words - mostly because after all, it is my friends who will read this - and what they think of me will not match with their opinion of me after they have been through the blogs!

When I think about that, I realise that however honest I can get with others, it is nothing like being honest with myself. Maybe I ought to learn to live in and enjoy my own company now and then - and that, my dear reader, is one of the most easily said and not so often done things. What others say to me, what they do affects me profoundly. Almost as if their auras leave an impression on mine when I am around with such people...

Well, enough of philosophy - and let's get back to real life.

Life's been pretty much fun - for one, I have listening to a lot of happening music as I work - starting from Rang De Basanti's peppy tracks to some Kannada film music by Gurukiran (I seem to like his music the best when it comes to Kannada movies). Songs like Alisha Chinoi's brilliant 'Kajra re' and a soulful number by Amit Sana from Indian Idol called 'Woh hai zara' rule the top of my playlist each day at work. I thankfully have a good number of friends who share similar interests in music at work - and we have a bindaas time swapping songs and enjoying some wonderful music.

RBIN's sports events are in progress - and I have been trying to follow it as closely as my limited time and interest at work permits. I was lucky to get a chance to play on the throwball team with some amazing players (we won :D) in the interdepartmental tournament. The nicest thing was a chance to see new faces - new people whom you didn't have to always talk about RADAR and EDC17 processes with. (;D). I played dismally at the badminton mixed doubles tournament (well - it was my second match ever!) - or rather I didn't play any shot at all... In short, I had a blast at the gaming events. Work is as usual - hectic.

The nicest things about work were how my team - FGP-17 - was back together - even though it was for a short duration of time. A couple of colleagues who had been onsite since October, were back in December and the reunion was filled with a lot of jokes, fun and smiles as our cubicle seemed to be the sunniest one in the entire floor (it was certainly the most over-crowded one with at least 6 people trying to squeeze in a cubicle space designed for 4). Of course, good times don't last forever - 2 more of my colleagues who happen to be great friends of mine have left India to report onsite - and with one of my closest friends in the team, Hemanth, leaving at the end of this month, our team will not be the same again. Probably, the last 1 year I spent with these people in a single team was the best one I had in the past few years. (:D)

I finally managed to watch Harry Potter 4 and almost slept off through half of it (I am a hard-core Potter fan - and yet the movie, complete with a screaming Dumbledore and a Harry who seemed to do all the things other than what was in the book, made me want to turn off the TV and do something else better - which is what I did). I was lost midway through Black today when I realised I had my household chores to finish - maybe I should catch the movie sometime later.

Today has been a quiet day - I was caught up in a river of thoughts and I have let them all day take me wherever they wished to go - once in a while, I suppose it is good to listen to what I have to say to myself - it brings out a better picture of me and who I want to be. I was talking to my best friend, Mamatha, from college today. I happen to be talking to her after nearly a month of hiatus caused mainly due to work and other commitments - and she was so happy to hear from me (and me likewise) - we were discussing of old about how we did things at work - we used to do that at college - write microcontroller programs and compare how well they worked. In fact, both of us are into embedded jobs now because of the strong interest we had in microcontroller programming (thanks to a teacher at college who encouraged us to learn by practically trying out all that we learnt in the microcontroller subjects - and he always was there to criticism and guide us). Talking to her today brought me back old memories - how we used to play hooky by sitting in the first bench, how we 2 were among the few brave ones to rebel against our strict (Taurean :D) HOD who felt his rules were to the best of our interests while they were not, how we struggled to impress our micrcontrollers' teacher with our programs and failed sorely at that and the long talks we'd have on many things - I could start of on any discussion with her as easily as talking to myself and have an interesting conversation develop based on pure rational logic and clear, cool reasoning - she had this way of making me think out new ideas and develop on the older ones.

Another friend of mine with whom a long, heart to heart talk was pending, Radhika, spent hours talking to me about my favourite subject - healing - her capacity to explore a topic, to capture the essence - has never failed to amaze me. Of course, she is probably one of the few people who actually gets to see both the child and the wise girl part of me at one go (she has a very high tolerance level, most admittedly! Otherwise, who could tolerate having 'Orey Kanchi' sung in an off key tune on every Thursday and Friday for 6 entire months right beside them at college - btw, the singing genius was me in this case ;D - I was SO enamored by the song, I would warble out 'Orey Kaaaaaaaannnnnnnccccccccchhhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiii, kanchi ki gudiyaaaaaaaaa......' at regular intervals of time during the 3 hour lab sessions twice a week. Radhika was my lab partner - and I think I drove her nuts with the before mentioned song! The good thing was, she would sing something else to counter attack my verbal torture - and we would land up singing the same song, much to the amusement of the neighbouring lab teams and sometimes the teachers and the HOD who would be standing behind us, watching our progress! Well, we formed the best girl band in the college after that - a band which any girl could join as long as they were ready to have fun singing!!)

A lot of reunions happening - my school friends probably met today. And my college friends will be meeting on Feb12th - but I don't think I will be able to meet the college girls and guys - I have plans of visiting my native town around the same time. I was hoping to meet them though...

Well, adios amigo. I will write again soon - and maybe a lot more!

No comments:

Pageviews last month