The temperature from last Friday has not crossed 17 degrees - and if what our neighbours are right, it will get real cold the next 2 months. Not that we didn't notice the signs already coming - the freezing tap water, the blasts of cold air whenever we open doors and windows - and the chill that creeps through the layers of clothes that we have now started to wear - all were warnings enough. This will be my first harsh winter ever - I think the worst I experienced was probably in Bangalore on cold December mornings or the time during a trip I remember to Nilgiris.
It also gets dark by 5 in the evening - sometimes, it seems that it is quite late in the night when it is only 7 in the evening. I have begun to cook spicier food - somehow, the hot food seems more comforting to the body than the heater's warmth or the sweaters I have brought here.
We celebrated our little neighbour's birthday on Saturday. We had a marvellous time. The little girls shared their 'iron' beads with us and we made fantastic shapes out of them - I got to make a cute teddy whom we nicknamed 'Pink chan' and a pretty butterfly. I also got to learn how to make a Japanese sweet using sweet potatoes (it's absolutely yummy :-) Thilak and I can never eat enough of those :-)). I should be trying it out someday soon.
Today is Akka's and Machan's wedding anniversary - I still remember a warm November night 8 years ago when they got married - we had a blast! If you guys are reading it, 'Happy Wedding Anniversary!!' And my little nephew has won a second place in fancy dress competition held at his school on Children's Day - makes me feel proud as if I won it myself :-) - the last time I spoke to him, he told me 'Chithi, I am coming to Japan in a plane :-)'. How I wish it were true....
Shree has her exams coming up - 'All the best, Shree!'. Hope you had a safe trip back home.
We are hoping to go to Kuragaike park tomorrow to watch the autumn colours - Thilak was telling this is the last week for it - so I'll be back with a new post on the fun I had.
And before I end, I shouldn't forget this Monday when we flew our tiny airplane all over Toyota Stadium grounds - it was so much fun! We had a jolly good time chasing the little Pegasus Air as it flew as high as the winds took it. The plane made splendid dives and cartwheels and we played with it to our heart's content that evening :-).
That's it for now - got some important stuff to finish.
With lyow (as Meera would put it ;-)),
Divs
No comments:
Post a Comment