- Holiday : I liked this one from the scene where Cameron Diaz tries to squeeze out a few tears but can't after dumping her boyfriend - LOL! But a movie with lovely music from Hans Zimmer and great performances from all the 5 leads. A perfect movie which shows that love is never the expected!
- 300 : Brilliant theme. 300 Spartans holding off the million strong Persian army in the Battle of Thermopylae. The movie has a strong poetic quality to it which leaves a lasting impression - long after you have watched it and months have gone by. This is also one movie Roop and I agree upon. And I really hope he is reading this post ('You promised,you idjit, that you would read my blog if it was shorter and had you appearing in it ;-)!')
- Ocean's Eleven trilogy : I loved all the 3 - though I am still partial to the first one over all the others. The 3rd installment comes a close second - while the second part left me just a teeny bit bewildered as to what was happening. I was never so happy to see thieves walk off with all the money and the glory in the end!!
- LOTR : Give me hobbits and elves, men and dwarves, orcs and wizards - and I will give you a fine fantasy tale that keeps you right on the edge of your chair as the story weaves it's way in and out of the One Ring (I thought the books are much better - but the movies are visual treats). If you noticed, my blog starts with the verse of the Ring!
- Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix : I have been a HUGE fan of Harry Potter from the day I read Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone. This movie was no disappointment either - we watched it in a theater and the magnificent fight scenes at the end made us go 'ooooooh-aaahhing' as wands swished and twirled and curses and counter charms were hurled across the screen!
- A walk to remember : I thought Nicholas Spark's book was great. But the movie turned out to be amazing! When Mandy Moore sings 'Only hope' at the Christmas play, everyone one of us - including Shane West is hooked! This movie made me a big time fan of Jonathan Foreman of Switchfoot (What a voice! And Switchfoot songs rock)
- National Treasure 1 & 2 : I loved playing treasure hunts as a little girl - and watching Nicholas Cage hunt for the city of Cibola and find the Knights' Templar was childhood revisited. Oh - give me a treasure map any day!
- The Last Samurai : I think Tom Cruise was brilliant in the movie - a very fine, sensitive performance. And there is no way Steven Seagal would have made a better Captain Algren........ And if you find the way of the Samurai interesting, I suggest you wiki and read about the 47 ronin too!
- Sister Act 1 & 2 : I love comedies - and this is a very old favourite of mine. These movies were the inspiration of our school band and later my college music band. Those were the great times! (And I sound like I'm a century old!! LOL!!)
There's a song that's inside of my soul.
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.
But you sing to me over and over again.
So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray - to be only yours.
I pray to be only be yours.
I know now, you're my only hope....
Sing to me the songs of the stars,
Of your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again.
When it feels like my dreams are so far....
Sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again.
So I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray to be only yours.
I know now you're my only hope....
I give you my destiny.
I'm giving you all of me.
I want your symphony singing in all that I am.
At the top of my lungs, I'm giving it back.
So I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray to be only yours.
I pray to be only yours.
I pray to be only yours.
I know now you're my only hope
....
It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again.
I'm awake in the infinite cold.
But you sing to me over and over again.
So I lay my head back down
And I lift my hands and pray - to be only yours.
I pray to be only be yours.
I know now, you're my only hope....
Sing to me the songs of the stars,
Of your galaxy dancing and laughing and laughing again.
When it feels like my dreams are so far....
Sing to me of the plans that you have for me over again.
So I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray to be only yours.
I know now you're my only hope....
I give you my destiny.
I'm giving you all of me.
I want your symphony singing in all that I am.
At the top of my lungs, I'm giving it back.
So I lay my head back down.
And I lift my hands and pray to be only yours.
I pray to be only yours.
I pray to be only yours.
I know now you're my only hope
No comments:
Post a Comment