Monday, March 24, 2008

'An Inconvenient Truth'

I am in the mood to post a lot today! LOL.

After having watched the movie - 'The Inconvenient Truth' and doing a bit of research about global warming, I did come up with interesting info. For one, global warming is one topic that has a lot of people believing in it and as many refusing to believe that there is a change happening to our environment thanks to the last 200 hundred odd years of rapid progress in the history of mankind.

While I am yet to come to my own conclusions about if I consider it to be true or not, I did decide to take it as a temporary truth for now. Mainly because the world, as I knew it, is fast disappearing around me - trees and lakes in Bangalore were destroyed in the name of more housings for people to live in. I noticed an uncomfortable change in the weather, the increasing unpredictability of fierce rains and harsh summers in a city that was known for it's pleasant, air conditioned climate throughout the year just a few years back.

I think Al Gore made a good documentary - one that makes people sit up and take notice. It's almost as if he is shouting out to the world, right into your ear - 'Wake up! The earth we know today, might be gone by tomorrow......... Let not our children and their children pay for our arrogance, our pride and our mistakes. Wake up!'

For more info, check out www.climatecrisis.net

No comments:

Pageviews last month