Monday, April 21, 2008

A book-aholic's tale!

What is it about a book that takes me to Never Never Land each time I lose myself between it's pages?

That's a question I ask often and answer less oftener! What started as a plodding through a Famous Five book when I was six has matured into a book devouring demon now where I finish a book faster than a watching a movie. I have to thank akka for that - she loved books - and never let me read her Nancy Drews and Hardy Boys - she started me off on Enid Blyton instead - which is where an active imagination took over - and I have never been without a book since.

I was reading The Secret Garden yesterday - and I fell in love with gardening all over again - so much that I spent time pottering around my little garden and admiring pretty spring flowers wherever I found them! The magic of that book never fails me. Another book that comes unfailingly to my rescue when I feel down is Little Women. A few pages off my favourite chapters and everything is alright with the world once again! When I need a laugh, it's always been Jeeves and Wooster or Gerald Durrell who can conjure up a laugh out of thin air and ten lines.

When I hear that some people don't read, I always think - 'oh boy - you have NO idea what you are missing out on!!'

No comments:

Pageviews last month