The best things in life are free - smiles, rainbows, stars, friends, love and God (and my blog :-p)! I hope you keep coming back for more about how wonderful I find out life is....
Sunday, July 27, 2008
On the eve of a new beginning
I was helping Mom around the home today (I don't seem to be doing all the help I wanted to do - I had imagined a huge list of tasks that I did effortlessly while amma rested - but it is more like I do all the little things which take up a lot of time and energy on my part). We were sorting out Surya's old clothes to be used for the little baby to come tomorrow. As I ironed the little clothes that were still well preserved and cared for by amma, I thought I could catch whiffs of baby smells that I had been so familiar with a few years back. The mild fragrance of baby soap and talc brought back memories of little Surya along with it - I used to be so afraid to baby sit him or hold him for a long time! And if I were to change his clothes, I would do it so gently and carefully that the entire operation would take well over an hour to be done :-)! And now, I marvel at the changes that time has brought in him - he can handle a PC as easily as any of us, use a mobile and hold his own in a conversation with anyone and everyone. I am proud of this 4 year old nephew of mine and I dream and hope that great things will come of him. And I smile as I carefully tuck the pile of ironed clothes away, thinking of the babies yet to come into our home and hearts as the countdown to tomorrow begins....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment