Well, life has finally come to a snail's pace after a month long 'run-around' for me. My second nephew's naming ceremony is done (he is called Sanath) and over with and Surya has hols for some time which is a blessing in disguise - I slept till 12 yesterday - which is a BIG thing considering I have gotten up quite early most of the days. Thilak was in town - so life was in the fast lane for me for the last fortnight. As I sit down and cool my heels, I make long awaited calls to all my best friends in and out of town and am surprised to hear the warmth and joy and the closeness we feel even after ages. Talking to Srijai was the best of the lot till now - made me feel so much more happy again. I guess meeting my friends will pep me up so much, I will feel good as old again.
I have figured out that I have become quite pessimistic of late. I love to find fault (that is a huge contrast with what I was - someone who looked for the silver lining in the darkest clouds!!) and have quite a sharp tongue now which is quick with cutting retorts - but then that is what the world expects you to be - otherwise I get called naive, a fool and a dreamer. But there is a price for everything and I have learnt that the price for 'experience' and 'knowing the world' is pain and more pain. But I do not like the new me. It is like dirt that does not rub off. I wonder why and how I have changed - and if it was worth changing into a commoner from royalty just to fit in with the crowd. The most important lesson I have learnt till now is that there is no need to change others or someone else's situation with conscious efforts from your side - all you need to think and worry about is yourself because in the end no one else will do it for you - and that is all that matters. I know this is a black black post - but then nights do happen just like days.
No comments:
Post a Comment