Thursday, May 07, 2009

Speaking of love

I love watching the movie 'A walk to remember'. Some part of the movie is unbelievable, indeed - but there are some scenes that touch you - some that inspire you. One of my favourite parts of the movie is when the following verse is quoted from the Bible.

Love is patient, love is kind.
Love is not jealous, it does not brag, and it is not proud.
Love is not rude, is not selfish, and does not become angry easily.
Love does not remember wrongs done against it.
Love is not happy with evil, but is happy with truth.
Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.
Love never fails

When I read or hear this, I wonder if there is more to love than that which meets the eye? Is love tender thoughts or feelings for a special someone? Or is it respect and loyalty? Is it the confrontational truth in dark times or the soothing lie to tide over harsh times? Maybe it is all this and much more. I wonder if a single lifetime would be enough to unravel the myriad shades and colours of love.

2 comments:

This and that about things and more said...

DIVU OH! MY GOD.
I watched this movie 2 weeks ago for the nth times.I just love it. Looks like we are telepathically communicating to each other :D yeaaahh

Divya said...

Shru, gr8 minds think alike, ne!!!!!!

Pageviews last month