Friday, January 29, 2010

"Catch the sambhar!"

Ok - updates again. I have been traveling (are you even surprised?!). Thilak and I spent our 3rd wedding anniversary at Tuticorin. For the first time at Tuty, I actually cooked meals and wore a saree by myself (did I hear you laugh? ;-)). And then there was the Sivakasi trip where Mom and I landed to help my aunt for the gruhapravesham of her home. It was SO much fun in a long, long time! And I got to meet my cousins after a gap of nearly a year. I was sooooooooooooooooooooo excited to meet, greet and just be with them, that even the delicious food heaped on my banana leaf couldn't keep me seated but running after every new entrant to the function. Finally, my cousin Raji akka shooed me to my leaf saying - "Divya, catch the sambhar!" And I had to run back to scoop the extra yummy sambhar back to the center of the leaf to prevent it from spilling it over. (I know the joke sounds bland when I say it here - but she made it sound as exciting as Leonardo Di Caprio in 'Catch me if you can', believe me!). And the entire group of cousins burst into laughter!

From there back to namma Bengalooru and then a sweet 3 day stay in Mysore for the Arhatic Intensive and back again home. I know I have left of heaps of important things in between. But then this is a Catch the Sambhar blog!

No comments:

Pageviews last month