As an engineer, I sometimes think my life could be summed up by a sine wave. Filled with ups and downs. You hit a high, hit a low and then dread what life holds in store for you next. Going uphill is all fun. When you are going downhill, you keep wondering if the next step will take you lower than wherever you are now.
A wise friend of mine listened to all I have to say and then said to me - "80% of the things in our life are not in our control. But how you use the remaining 20% of what you have makes all the difference. "
I may not be able to see where I am heading - but I have my targets. And in my mind, I know I am going to reach them. No matter how many obstacles come in my way, how many detours spring up in the last minute or how many people refuse to join me for the ride. As yogi Raman says - "You can never hit a target which you cannot see."
No comments:
Post a Comment