Tuesday, January 04, 2011

The Real Santa Claus

My little nephew, Surya, now all of 6 years refuses to believe that Rajnikanth is a 60 year old man with a balding pate. To him, the superhero is an eternal Chitti Robot who was dismantled at the end of the movie, Endhiran, for reasons he cannot figure out yet.

On the other hand, he does believe that Santa Claus does not exist - and suspects strongly that the Santa who left him and his little brother gifts and chocolates stuffed down their tiny socks could be me. (I wonder WHO gave him that idea!!!!!!!! Pssssssssssssttt.....Read the mysterious 'WHO' as - my sister!!)

Does Santa exist? I don't know. Maybe he is just a figment of someone's imagination. Maybe he does drive a sled led by Rudolph, the red nosed reindeer delivering goodies to good kids around the world.

I'd like to believe that he lives in each one of us as long we are capable of giving without expecting much in return. He then magically transforms into the image which you and I are used to seeing everyday in the mirror. His forms then become many - but His Spirit remains one only!

My red Santa cap off to the Real Santa Clauses around the world - whoever or wherever you maybe!

No comments:

Pageviews last month