There are times I'd like to believe that I am above all distractions and disturbances that would affect my normal thought processes. But then, when I think of it, I have to agree that what we see, read or hear, sometimes unconsciously, tend to alter our mind states as well.
I have been down with what is known as a common cold - but given my tendency to exaggerate my ailment whenever it suits me, I behave like a complete invalid around the house ;-). I now know how my sister feels everytime she gets back home from Chennai and refuses to budge an inch to help amma!
So I lazed around, slept, watch a Danish horror movie - which made me a bit paranoid about looking into mirrors, a regular Hindi soap - which made me believe that I do not offer prayers often enough to God on the behalf of my spouse or cook enough for him (I have been watching this soap for 4 days now - and all the heroine does is cook, change sarees and accesorize and offer a prayer to a different Deity each day!) - and finished off by reading Chetan Bhagat's 2 States.
If I could ever employ Jeeves (he is right now in the top position of 'Amazing people I'd love to have work for me' along with Chitti Robot - who figures in the list for his AWESOME cooking skills!), and if Jeeves had to fix me a pick-me-up, he'd just hand me this book!
I laughed over nearly every page of the book and by the end of it, felt like life looked a whole lot brighter in my eyes! Thumbs up, CB - I have no idea about other people - but your book rocks, dude!
No comments:
Post a Comment