Monday, March 14, 2011

The stories often heard

The stories often heard are the ones least remembered. The ones most remembered are assigned a place in our hearts, revisited often, carefully treasured, polished up with details and locked safely in memory till the thought comes to experience them again.

That is what I thought to myself. The last year has changed me completely. I have learnt to not take others for granted and to be taken for granted. I have watched friends leave me in droves and one or two return. I have seen the Japan I love swept away by the peaceful-turned-vengeful sea and know that the Japanese will rebuild and live as if nothing happened before. I understand people better and know that I still have a lot to learn. The few stories that is left of who I was no longer match the woman I am today. But even then, the heart never rests. There are days I look back at the best times of my life and let myself get lost in the dreams of before. Wonderful, carefree days - with friends and family to watch over me.

If there is anything I wish for the most now, it is for a friend. A friend who will be there for me, to like me as I am and to see the best in me. It's been many years since I had one ...

No comments:

Pageviews last month