Today was the first day it snowed in Toyota Shi (actually the first time I ever saw it happen in my entire life!). The day was a cloudy, cold day with spells of rain in between. I guess the temperature was just right for the rain to turn into snow and I watched and marvelled at white flakes floating along with the wind.
Today can be called a day of firsts for me. It's a New Year Day (that's obvious!). My first New Year Day spent with Thilak. My first time watching it snow. The first time I saw a Japanese temple so crowded - the Koromo jinja had a queue of people actually waiting to get into the temple - sort of like a very ordered Thirumala queue minus the gates and the shoving volunteers. I believe the Japanese consider the New Year quite auspicious and watch the rising sun on this day as they believe it will bring them luck. This is definitely the first time I have seen all the shops closed on this occasion here. The first time I found my parents happy over how things went at a certain private event. And this is my first entry this year in this blog.
I have been giving a good deal of thought as to what I really want to do this next one year. I'm not for resolutions as I have a habit of breaking promises too often. But I think that pursuing some of my old dreams would definitely add promise to the year ahead. Instead of thinking that I didn't do something for the rest of my life, I'd rather devote myself to making my dreams more real. I'd like to improve on my music for one. On dance for another. And I do love German (however bad I am at it :-)). And I do have to put up with Japanese (I need it no matter how difficult I find it). I thought maybe I should improve on my other languages too - read a lot - maybe write a bit too. And do a lot of my practice too. I think with all these things to do, time will definitely not lie heavy on my hands - and I should have a swinging year ahead!
No comments:
Post a Comment